LBK, Norway’s largest and oldest windsurfing club, was founded in 1981 and has today around 440 members. Our current head coach has decided to pursue other professional opportunities, and LBK is therefore looking for a new head instructor / coach. The position is open effective immediately, with this year’s season expected to last until October 1.
- The position will require good windsurfing skills.
- Previous instructor / coaching experience and team management experience are required.
- University-level education in sports would be considered an advantage, but is not required.
- If you don’t have a boat license, you will be expected to get one (and will be reimbursed for costs).
- The position includes instruction of minors, and all sports instructors with such responsibilities are by law required to submit a clean police record (‘clean’ for the purpose of the position, see https://www.idrettsforbundet.no/klubbguiden/politiattest/, sorry about the Norwegian).
- This is an instructor / coaching position, but the candidate will be expected to contribute to the maintenance of the club’s gear and boats.
LBK is a membership-based club, to a large extent based on voluntary work. LBK offers full-season courses at beginner level and intermediate level, plus summer schools, weekend short courses, and commercial events. The coach team currently consists of a head coach, a senior coach, and 5-7 junior coaches. The club facilities, including board / rig storage, are located in very nice surroundings at Snarøya (https://www.google.no/maps/place/Rolfstangenfirstname.lastname@example.org,10.6353879,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x89bfe1e8b41f9ad1!8m2!3d59.8924676!4d10.6353879), a 20-minute bike ride outside Oslo. LBK is in the process of building a new NOK 11,5m club facility, scheduled for completion spring 2018. LBK has an excellent financial position, a solid and well-functioning management and board, and budget for travel.
Compensation arrangements will be competitive, and an apartment may be arranged for a shorter time period. Compensation will include a fixed component (= guaranteed income) plus a variable component based on # hours worked. It is expected that our new head instructor / coach will combine work for LBK in summer with other professional activities in the winter (e.g., personal trainer, skiing instructor, teaching or studying). It is expected that a successful candidate will continue in same position in 2018, with the 2018 season expected to start around March 1 (in new club facilities). The candidate will report to LBK’s General Manager, but must be able to work effectively across functions and levels.
A successful candidate should be able to build a good personal life in one of Europe’s most attractive capitals. Oslo was recently awarded the European Commission’s Green Capital Award, see http://ec.europa.eu/environment/europeangreencapital/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/EGCA-2019_EGL_2018_Winners_Announcement_02062017.pdf.
For more information or to signal interest, please contact
Grim Gjønnes, General Manager, at Denne e-postadressen er beskyttet mot programmer som samler e-postadresser. Du må aktivere javaskript for å kunne se den. or +47 934 01 002.
There is no application deadline, and applications will be considered on a continuous basis.